St. Patrick’s Day isn’t JUST for the Irish
St. Patrick’s Day isn’t just for the Irish – especially here is Boston. Steeped in tradition (and maybe soaked in green beer), St. Patrick’s Day has become a time honored tradition and a day to celebrate the Luck O’ the Irish.
Here are some tips for hosting the best parade watching party this side of the Charles!
1. Ireland is known for its lush, green vegetation, so consider using the produce department to help you decorate for your party.
2. Corned Beef and Cabbage is the tradition – but if that’s not your cup of tea, consider Shepherd’s Pie or Irish Lamb Stew. Both are easy to make and tasty choices alongside a Guinness.
3. Streaming Music can really help you set the tone for your party! From traditional Celtic music to the Dropkick Murhpys, Irish music is varied and a crowd favorite.
4. While green beer may be on the menu at your local watering hole, don’t forget other Irish favorites, like Magners Cider, Guinness, and good old Irish Coffee.
5. Speaking of beverages, be sure to have plenty of water on hand for your guests!
6. If you will have kids at the party, be sure to have some kid friendly treats. Lime Jello and Whipped Cream, Green Cupcakes, and even a Find the Lucky Horseshoe Scavenger Hunt to keep the little ones entertained and feeling festive.
What are some of your tricks of the trade for hosting a memorable St Paddy’s Day party?
Shawn Wilson is one of the Founding Partners of Viga Italian Eatery & Caterer. Using her passion for food and entertaining, she has helped create our reputation for amazing food, top notch catering, and beautiful presentation. Living in Gloucester with her 3 Italian Greyhounds, Shawn uses her extra time to create helpful blogs for our customers and readers.