Roasted Sunset Vegetable Salad
Our Roasted Sunset Vegetable Salad with goat cheese and candied pecans is surely a great way to start your New Year HEALTHY!
This recipe is for 25, five ounce servings. Feel free to adjust it to your party’s size.
1 1/2 lbs butternut squash
1 1/2 lbs candy stripped beets
1 1/2 lbs golden beets
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 cups pecans
4 oz canola oil
1 tsp coarse kosher salt
1/2 cup minced red onion
5 oz sherry vinegar
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
9 oz olive oil
1 lb mixed greens
36 oz goat cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425
2. Cut vegetables into 1/2″ cubes
3. Roast vegetables in middle of oven until tender, about 1 hour
4. Candied pecans:
– Sautee pecans in canola oil to coat
– Toss with sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg while hot
– Finish cooking in oven at 325 for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until toasted
– Sprinkle with salt and let cool
5. Stir together shallots, vinegar, sugar, salt and oil in a large bowl
6. Toss vegetables with a bit of dressing
7. Arrange on a plate mixed greens, roasted vegetables, goat cheese and candied pecans.
8. Drizzle with additional dressing and serve.
Vegetables may be roasted and tossed with dressing one day ahead, then chilled and covered. Keep roasted candied pecans covered at room temperature. Bring dressing to room temperature before serving.
Raffy is our Executive Chef and he absolutely loves to try new things. Being so passionate about the dining experience as a whole, Raffy puts just as much energy and attention into the appearance as he does the taste. This clearly shows with his love of doing intricate fruit carvings and the recipes he creates. As a husband and a father he knows the importance of family, and we’re glad to have him as a part of the Viga Family.