Quinoa Tabbouleh with Feta
We have been having a lot of fun in our stores with various grain salads. Chef Raffy loves to play with the various textures and flavors of grains and, hopefully, you have given one of them a try! They make great snacks or sides (if you are trying to go easy on the chips with your lunch).
Quinoa Tabbouleh with Feta is another recipe that makes a great summer side to your BBQ.
1 cup quinoa
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
1 cup thinly slices scallions, white and green parts (about 5 scallions)
1 cup chopped mint leaves
1 cup chopped flat leave parsley
1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded and medium diced
2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cups medium diced feta (8 ounces)
Kosher Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
1. Pour 2 cups of water into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil
2. Add quinoa and 1 teaspoon of salt, lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, until the grains are tender and open
3. Drain, place in a bowl and immediately add the lemon juice, olive oil, and 1 ½ teaspoons of salt
4. In a large bowl, combine the scallions, mint, parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, 1-2 teaspoons of coarse sea salt. Add the quinoa and mix well
5. Carefully fold in the feta and taste for seasoning
6. Serve cold or room temp
What are your favorite grain-based salads? Be sure to check out our Top 5 Tips for a light & healthy summer at Viga!
Raffy is our Executive Chef and he absolutely loves to try new things. Being so passionate about the dining experience as a whole, Raffy puts just as much energy and attention into the appearance as he does the taste. This clearly shows with his love of doing intricate fruit carvings and the recipes he creates. As a husband and a father he knows the importance of family, and we’re glad to have him as a part of the Viga Family.