How to Prepare a Perfectly Marinated, 20 lb Turkey, for the Holiday
Follow these instructions to have a delicious, moist turkey this holiday season.
4 oz Dijon Mustard
4 oz chicken base
2 cups fresh parsley
7 oz white onions
3 oz fresh garlic, minced
1 cup olive oil
6 oz Coke (Original Coca- Cola Classic works best)
2 Tblsp Black pepper
1 Tblsp Salt
1 Bunch of sage
1 Bunch Rosemary
1. Select all items and wash them thoroughly
2. Take herbs off of stems
3. Weight and portion all ingredients and add to food processor
4. Blend in the food processor until all ingredients are evenly distributed
5. Pour over defrosted turkey and marinade turkey overnight
6. Cover with a tent of aluminum foil and cook at 325 degrees for about 2 ½ hours, basting the turkey every 30 minutes
7. After 2 ½ hours, remove aluminum foil and continue cooking for another 1 ½ hours (temperature should read 180 degrees F)
8. Let rest for 30 minutes before cutting the turkey
9. To keep turkey moist cut turkey 1/2″ thick
Good luck with all the meals you make this holiday season. If you try Chef Raffy’s recipe, please feel free to let us know how it turned out!
Raffy is our Executive Chef and he absolutely loves to try new things. Being so passionate about the dining experience as a whole, Raffy puts just as much energy and attention into the appearance as he does the taste. This clearly shows with his love of doing intricate fruit carvings and the recipes he creates. As a husband and a father he knows the importance of family, and we’re glad to have him as a part of the Viga Family.