Chili is a delicious meal that freezes really well, so it is perfect for back to school time. Perfect to eat alone or to top nachos, this is one of our favorite chili recipes!
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 large chopped onion ( yellow or white)
4 minced garlic cloves
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans
1 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
1 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 (4 ounce) cans chopped jalapenos
1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute ( or sugar)
1 cup dark beer ( Newcastle or ?)
1 cup shredded cheese ( cheddar or Mexican mix)
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Cook ground beef in large frying pan.
2. While cooking, stir and chop beef with spatula to crumble.
3. Continue cooking for about 7 minutes or until the meat is brown and cooked through.
4. Add the onion, garlic, chili powder, salt, cumin, oregano, cayenne, and Tabasco.
5. Cook while stirring, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
6. Transfer to large pot. Add the Kidney beans (juice and all), canned tomatoes (juice and all), the tomato paste, jalapenos (yep, juice and all), splenda (or sugar), and beer.
7. Stir well and bring to a boil.
8. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Top individual bowls of chili with a dollop of sour cream and a generous sprinkle of cheese.
Raffy is our Executive Chef and he absolutely loves to try new things. Being so passionate about the dining experience as a whole, Raffy puts just as much energy and attention into the appearance as he does the taste. This clearly shows with his love of doing intricate fruit carvings and the recipes he creates. As a husband and a father he knows the importance of family, and we’re glad to have him as a part of the Viga Family.