Baked Brie with Prosciutto & Apple Butter
There are few things more delicious and more versatile than baked brie.
There are infinite combinations, from sweet to savory, that can make the holiday season so easy! Here is one of our favorite recipes. What is one of your favorite recipes?
1 loaf crusty French bread
4 tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup apple butter
16 thin slices prosciutto, about 1/4 pound
2 pears or apples, thinly sliced
1 pound Brie, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1. Heat the oven to 450 degrees F
2. Cut 16 (1/2-inch thick) slices out of the loaf
3. Butter each side of the slices and put them onto a baking sheet
4. Spread 1 tablespoon of apple butter onto each slice
5. Top with 1 slice of prosciutto and 3 or 4 slices of pear or apple
6. Cover with the brie slices, season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil
7. Bake until the cheese is melted, about 8 to 10 minutes
Raffy is our Executive Chef and he absolutely loves to try new things. Being so passionate about the dining experience as a whole, Raffy puts just as much energy and attention into the appearance as he does the taste. This clearly shows with his love of doing intricate fruit carvings and the recipes he creates. As a husband and a father he knows the importance of family, and we’re glad to have him as a part of the Viga Family.